Hello my name is Lisa and I am a yoyo dieter
We are a nation obsessed by the ideal I think 90% of the people I know are on diets...The other 10% are men!!! The media imprint a image of perfection upon us from an early age, but does having the perfect body make you happy, is it worth it?
Since the age of 16 I have been on a fruitless search for the perfect body, I have done many diets that have culminated in failure and as I get older, at 26, I have become a better person, I am proud of my body and who I am yet I still feel the pressure to fit in to those Topshop jeans!!!
I'm currently doing Weight Watchers and have lost 11.5lbs. Although there are certain freedoms with this diet I hate going out with my friends for dinner and having to calculate points in my head thinking "oh I don't have enough points for that carbonara so I'll have the boring tomato pasta...Yawn!".
I have become obsessed by points and I'm constantly badgering people "Oh do you know how many points are in that double decker?" 4.5 in case you are wondering...
I'm starting to wonder, does dieting and depriving yourself of certain pleasures, especially in social situations, make you happy? Will I end up a size 10, beautiful, svelte, sexy and miserable?
I am a happy size 14 at the moment, I have a beautiful hourglass figure and I know what suits me, I wasn't built for mini skirts (my large inherited thighs have seen to that), but my happiness dosen't revolve around a mini skirt! My happiness comes from being sociable with my friends, having that slice of cheese cake whilst catching up over a coffee or going out and having a few too many vodkas!!!
So my decision: Carry on with Weight Watchers but give myself the freedom to let loose if I see fit, If I don't loose for one week so what? Its not the end of the world...Perfection is over rated anyway!
What are your dieting experiences, Are you obsessed by calories, is obsession with points bordering on an eating disorder?
Now where are the biscuits (rich tea of course)!!!