Saturday 3 July 2010

FOTD Think Pink

I used to hate pink...I mean really hate pink....but lately where my makeup is concerned (not the clothes I have to say) I have started to think pink, getting girly and gorgeous...I feel like that sounds like something Gok Wan would say GIRLFRIEND!!! Haha

I have found Pink eye makeup makes my hazel eyes sparkle bright


Lets start with the face!
  • I used Healthy Mix by Bourjois in 54 Beige, this is my favourite foundation at the moment and as I have a fake tan I needed the 54 (I usually use a 52 Light Vanilla) I am so in love with this product, best thing I have tried with my recent skin issues, and believe me I have tried a tone...In fact I have more foundations than a small country!!! 
  • elf Tone Correcting concealer in Honey, I don't know why I ever brought such a dark concealer, this is the first time I have used it in all the time I have had it (It was in my first elf order!!!) Slightly darker than my foundation but I like it and for £1.50 cant go wrong!!! Plus all my others are too light!!!
  • followed with a dusting of 17 Shine Control Loose Powder, I love that this doesn't go cakey on my face it is so lightweight and perfect for everyday...A truly fantastic bargain product and better than any HD powder in my opinion (this might be down to my skin issues as HD highlights all my flaws!!!).
  • On my cheeks I used elf Mineral Blush in Coral, I forgot how much I used to enjoy this product, its really subtly beautiful, not the most bold of blushes but I have to say really gives a beautiful natural glow
  • As in my previous FOTD I used elf Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder Luminance as a highlight and the Matte bronzer as a contour, I like to think my contouring is getting better...Hope so.

On to the eyes!!
  • Start where I always do...Primer, again I used my UDPP...This product will change your life, maybe that's a tad of an exaggeration...I am not saying if you buy this you will marry a young hot millionaire who is ripped!!!
  • for my lid I used my Sleek Sunset pallet its the only pink in the pallet, bottom row far right, the sunset pallet is my favourite (at the moment) in my sleek collection just for the stunning range of summer colours, I brought one for my friends birthday and she loved it.
  • I then used Models Own Loose Powder Eyeshadow in Rhubarb in my crease, its a kind of pinkish purple shimmer...very pretty and unique
  • on my lower lash line and inner corner I used Models Own Loose Powder Eyeshadow in peach, another great product from Models Own works really well to brighten and widen the eyes.
  • For my highlight I used my Sue Moxley Shade 1 Eyeshadow its a basic beige nothing exciting but does a great job without being too harsh like a white.
  • My faithful elf cream eyeliner in black...Super staying power for these hot summer days.
  • Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara, Its lush and really buildable.
  • My brows as always using the 17 natural brown pencil (although they do not look good in this pic taken after 5 hours of wearing...Sorry!!!).
 Lets do the pout!!!
  • I started using a lip primer a while ago by Sue Moxley Famous...I remember now why I stopped using it...It STINKS!!! It really smells awful clinical mixed with plastic...YUCK!!!
  • Took off the above and put on elf's Plump and Prime, just the plump end...This doesnt have as much sting as some of the plump products I have used (Too Faced made me feel like my lips were being ripped from my face!!!) 
  • Followed by elf Mineral Lipstick in Barely Bitten...Oooo mineral lipstick is fantabulous...It lasts and for a lipstick doesn't make my lips feel dried out.
  • I then used a 17 freebee...if you spend over £6 at the moment you get a box with a polish, travel mascara and a gloss...I really like the gloss I didn't own a gloss like it and it brings down the redness of the lipstick...Its called Ultimate Volume Gloss in Pink Ice
And there you have it...My FOTD...I hope you enjoy it!!!

Oh and just one for luck...This photo made me laugh


Models own available here
Eyeko available here
Elf available here
17 and Urban Decay available UK wide in Boots stores
Famous by Sue Moxley and Sleek available UK wide in Superdrug stores
Bourjois widely available in most chemists and supermarkets

Blog Love
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Really nice. I've been using a lot of pink myself lately, but from another Sleek palette. Chaos, all matte. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete